Pasadena Criminal Defense Attorney
Matthew Cargal is a criminal defense lawyer in Pasadena, California who has
more than two decades of experience in helping individuals challenge their criminal charges. He is the lead
The Law Offices of Matthew Cargal, which he has owned since 1997.
Mr. Cargal chose not to work for any prosecuting agencies throughout his
career and has instead opted to exclusively focus his practice on criminal
defense. In the past, he has worked as a criminal defense lawyer for private
attorneys, as well as for government agencies.
Mr. Cargal is a highly competent legal professional with a wealth of experience
in handling misdemeanor and felony cases. He has provided aggressive litigation
services for hundreds of criminal cases throughout the state of California.
He knows how to guide his clients through every phase of the court process,
from arraignment through sentencing. Mr. Cargal also holds the appropriate
licensing for handling cases at both the state and federal levels.
As a skilled Pasadena lawyer, he has been recognized for his
in-depth knowledge and skill in the area of criminal defense. He has been invited many times to serve
as a guest speaker on a variety of topics related to this practice area.
- Juris Doctorate - Golden Gate University School of Law, 1992
- Bachelor's Degree - University of California, Berkeley, 1986
Legal Memberships & Titles
- State Bar of California
- Pasadena Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Criminal Law Section, State Bar of California
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- California Public Defenders Association
- California DUI Lawyers Association
- Criminal Courts Bar Association
- National Association of Defense Lawyers
- Former Member - The Los Angeles County Indigent Criminal Defense Attorney Panel
- Former Judge Pro Tem for Los Angeles County
The firm's profile is available at